Mint Picnic Punt Off – Terms and Conditions
2 November, 2023
MINT PICNIC PUNT OFF COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Acceptance of Terms and Eligible Entrants
- The Promotion is known as the Mint Picnic Punt Off trade promotion (Promotion) and the promoter is Casey Lawlor McCutcheon and Campbell Raymond McCutcheon (trading as MintBet) (ACN: 50 657 044 715) of 48 Sunhill Rd, Glen Iris VIC 3146 (Promoter). The Promoter and any related entities or other affiliates are referred to as the Promoter Group.
- By entering into the Promotion, you agree to and accept these terms and conditions. The Promotion is open only to the Promoter’s existing account holders, who held an account with the promoter immediately prior to the launch of the Promotion (being 1pm on Friday 27th October, 2023) (Clients).
- Information and instructions on how to enter the Promotion form part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and all of the Promoter’s terms and conditions. The Promoter’s Responsible Gambling Policy (located at https://mintbet.com.au/content/responsible-gambling) will apply to all Clients entering the Promotion.
- Entry is open to only Australian-based Clients not presently residing in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA) or New South Wales (NSW) (collectively, the Excluded Jurisdictions) who hold a valid account with the Promoter. For the avoidance of doubt, this excludes anyone under the age of 18 and Clients whose accounts have been restricted in any way, or that the Promoter deems ineligible for any reason within our discretion.
- If you reside in the ACT, WA, SA or NSW, or any other jurisdiction outside Australia or its territories (Excluded Jurisdictions), you are not eligible to enter the Promotion. You agree not to use any GeoBlocking, VPN or similar technology to disguise your location if based in any Excluded Jurisdictions. If the Promoter discovers you have taken such actions, they will revoke your entry and cease sending any notifications or other information pertaining to the Promotion.
- The Promotion is only open to eligible Clients who act at all times in good faith, sincerely, and without engaging in fraud. Without limiting any other right in these terms and conditions, any entrant that the Promoter suspects, acting reasonably, to be in breach of these terms and conditions or attempting to gain an unfair advantage over other entrants (e.g., by the use of technology) will be taken out of the draw and will not be eligible for a prize.
- The directors, officers and employees of the Promoter and the Promoter Group, and their immediate families or other close associates, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow an ineligible person to participate in the Promotion or to receive the prize on offer.
Promotion Overview and Prize Value
- The Promotion involves multiple entrants forming groups, with one entrant submitting one entry on their behalf of a group (Team), correctly selecting correct results (Wins) for each race (Bets) at Balnarring on the 11th of November, 2023 (Race Day)
- The groups are given a pretend amount of money to start their betting (Phantom Bank) to bet with. No cash is exchanged during the betting process. Each group will submit one bet of $100 per race. The bet will either be for a win or place of a patrtular runner. No exotics or other bet types will be used.
- The winning Team will have increased their Phantom Bank the most of all the groups.
- Double winnings into the Phantom Bank will be awarded for the race that is sponsored by MintBet or any other race at the discrecion of the MintBet Representative. Any changes or adjustments to the format will be communicated to the Teams, in person before those chages come into effect.
- The prizes (Prize) will be:
1st Prize = AUD$5,000
2nd Prize = AUD$2,500
3rd Prize = AUD$1,000
- There is no requirement or expectation that any winnings which may be awarded under this Promotion continue to be used for any further betting. All such winnings may be withdrawn from the entrant’s account at any time.
- Individual Phantom Bets winnings will increase the Phantom Bank, they wont be awarded in cash. The only cash involved in this promotion will be the prizes.
- Entrants will not be required to pay for any part of the participation in this promotion.
- The promotional period for entries into the Promotion will commence when the promotion is launched and conclude at the end of the prescribed race day. (Promotional Period).
Promotion Details and How to Enter
- The Promotion is strictly free to enter for any eligible Client who wishes to participate. To enter the Promotion, you must access the Promotion on the Promoter’s platform. If you have previously agreed to receive marketing and other promotional materials directly from the Promoter, we will alert you directly of the option to enter the Promotion via email and/or text message, which will contain a link to the Promotion.
- Once you have access to the Promotion, you are required to form a Team with three other eligible Clients and appoint a representative (Representative) of the Team. Applications will be selected at random to participate. Entrants comprising the Team must all agree to collectively select the bets for each Race. The Representative then makes the submission on behalf of the entire Team on the day, in person. Entries submitted after the Promotional Period will not be accepted. The winning Team (Winning Team) will be determined based on the official results released by Race Club and all odds will be based from MintBet live odds on track. In the event of a tie, dead heat rules will apply and prize money will be split.
- For the avoidance of confusion, if the entire Meeting is announced as cancelled, either before or after the Promotion Period, the Promotion will not commence or continue and notification will be sent to all entrants. If at least one of the Races has been run before the Meeting’s cancellation, the remaining Race or Races will be considered void and new races will be selected at the discrecion of the on track MintBet representative. A postponement or rescheduling of the Meeting, for the purpose of the Promotion, will be considered a cancellation.
- The Wins for the purpose of the Promotion will be the official, publicly announced results as released by Racing Club.
- The Promoter will give transfer the Prozes as requested by the Team on the day.
- It is a prerequisite that each entrant provide their required contact information and consent to receiving notifications by email and/or by mobile in relation to the Promotion before entering.
- In the event that your account becomes invalid, or you are otherwise unable to verify your status as required under these terms and conditions, the Promoter may deal with your portion of the Prizes as they see fit in their absolute discretion, including distribution to other members of your Winning Team
- Acceptance of notification only for this Promotion in no way translates to accepting all future direct marketing information from the Promoter where the entrant has not deliberately selected this option themselves.
- You understand and accept that any errors made with your Team’s initial selections are final and will not be altered after the fact. The time of your entrance into the Promotion is recorded from the time it is submitted to the Promoter.
- You are not required to be present at the end of the last Race to be eligible for the Prize.
Reserve and Unclaimed Prizes
- If all members of a Winning Team do not indicate receipt of notification of winning or acceptance of the Prize or their accounts all become invalid or unable to be verified, the Winning Team will be determined as the next best Team.
- The results will be published after the Winning Team has been verified on the mintbet.com.auwebsite and remain available for 60 days. The members of the Winning Team will have their first name, initial of surname, state and postcode published for this period.
- The Promoter and Promoter Group complies with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If your information must necessarily be outsourced to a third party in relation to this Promotion for any reason, it will remain subject to the APPs (or the equivalent if the third party is based in a jurisdiction beyond Australia or Australian territories).
- Entries remain the property of the Promoter. Information will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting the Promotion (which may include disclosure as required to third parties), for promotional purposes associated with the Promotion.
- The Promoter, the Promoter Group and any other respective related parties are not, in relation to the Promotion or otherwise, responsible for any technical malfunctions or other issues which might arise in respect of hardware, software, systems or devices used by either yourself, the Promoter, the Promoter Group, or any other third parties, arising out of or in connection with (without limitation) viruses, fraud, technical failures, power failures or anything else that may compromise the outcome of the Promotion.
- The Promoter, the Promoter Group and any other respective related parties, as well as their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents, accept no liability with respect to the availability or delivery of any prize nor any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or claims whatsoever arising from acceptance or use of a prize, save (and only to the extent of) any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- You are liable for and indemnify the Promoter, the Promoter Group, any other related respective parties and any respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Indemnified Parties), from and against any loss or damage (including legal costs) however caused, suffered or incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with these terms and conditions, the Promotion, your acceptance or use of the Prize, or any act or omission on your behalf.
- The Promoter reserves the right to:
- conduct a review of publicly available information and other information available to it in relation to the entrants to any Winning Team in order to assess their honesty and integrity;
- cancel or suspend the Promotion if the security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Promotion is compromised in any way by way of any virus or bugs in the IT system used for it, unauthorised human intervention, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter Group and other related entities;
- disqualify any entrant who engages in offensive, illegal or objectionable conduct in respect of the Promotion (e.g., on social media);
- disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process in any way; and/or
- cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in accordance with any written directions given by any relevant government or regulatory authority to do so.
- In the case of an event which impacts on the determination of the Promotion or any aspect of it not already contemplated under these terms and conditions, including but not limited to, power failures, systems failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, or any other event out of the Promoter’s reasonable control (Force Majeure event/events) the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel all or part of the Promotion and/or replace the Promotion with another competition, subject to Australian law and the Force Majeure event/events allowing.
- If any entrant in the Promotion, including any entrant part of the Winning Team, disputes any aspect of the conduct of the Promotion (including any decision as to whether the eligibility criteria have been satisfied), the entrant must provide written notice to the Promoter detailing their concerns. They may do so by contacting the Promoter through the links available on the Promoter’s website at https://mintbet.com.au/ or via the Promoter’s app (including the Live Chat function or by email to [email protected]). The Promoter will review and respond to such correspondence, including its decision, within a reasonable period of time.
- Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Victoria. All participants consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria.
Published at 1p.m on 27th of October 2023.
Maybe Daily Pod
Subscribe to Our
Podcast to Know More
Original sport news on everything that
matters in your inbox.
Subscribe to Our Podcast to Know More
Original sport news on everything that matters in your inbox.